Sunday 21 April 2013

What book are you reading?

I've been a wreck lately and I know that my well-being is no longer of concern to you, but the other day I saw a single patch of grass in this city of eternal grey and it made me cry and it made me think of you.

It reminded me of that night... the one where I fell asleep on your patio furniture and the green blades of summer were covered with tears of the rising sun. My dress was too tight, it clung to me like a second skin. Your tan and freckled hands brushed over me like a warm breeze.
You said, "you're wrong."
I said, "you're right."

I used to collect the words that you'd say to me as they fell in piles on the floor. I'd pick them up off the ground and spin in circles with them. Dizzy, dancing, and delirious.

It's been so long since we last spoke. It's been so long since I last felt the breeze.
And after three years of silence, there's so much I'd love to know.

What book are you reading?
Are you in love?

1 comment:

  1. I recommend Magical Thinking by Augusten Burroughs. This is a wonderful book that I picked up for a couple bucks at the book store and actually finished it. Most books I can get half way through and put them down for another; this one I couldn't put down.

    ReplyDelete