Friday 8 June 2012

A Postcard From Paris.

I boarded the métro once arriving in Paris. I didn't quite know where I was going, but roaming the thick-aired and cobblestone-coated city at night made me feel so alive and astir. I must confess feeling a bit guilty... The journey, in essence, was taken with four other girls, but mainly I was alone. I was lost in my thoughts and my experience and in the act of inhaling every inch of the bizarre and unfamiliar place that is Paris, France.

I think the only way I can accurately describe the short trip is magical. Champagne, macaroons, new friends, new adventures, yelling, laughing, tequila shots, sunburn, a sparkling Eiffel Tower, midnight rain, hidden alleys. It was truly incredible and an experience that I will carry with me forever.

It's hard to miss the way Paris lights up a soul and steals the air; feel it lock onto every breath I take & swallow me in it's wonder. I feel like falling and falling and falling forever. It seemed that a few times within the 3.5 days, that the city would've liked nothing more than to posses my breath, completely. It was as if Paris was a thief, a bandit... attempting to pilfer my soul and devour my entity until I no longer know where I've been or who I've been. There is only the here and the now. There is only the steps I anticipate taking forward, in an uncomfortable pair of shoes, on streets that are so estranged. I'm confident in saying that I fell in love, a bit. I don't really blame myself.... I don't see how you could visit that place and not experience a love affair of some sort. If not with the city itself, than with the food or the wine or perhaps a scruffy French boy, dressed to kill, who speaks words in foreign tongues. 
C’est la fin, mon merveilleaux ami. This is the end, beautiful friend.

Croissant d'amandes chocolat and espresso to start the day.





Alex and I took a nap on top of a hill overlooking all of Paris at Basilique du Sacré-Cœur de Montmartre. Sleepy girls.

Champagne, fruit, and baguette picnic at Parc du Champ de Mars -- the park between the Eiffel Tower and the École
Militaire.


View from Pont Alexandre III bridge over the Seine river. Absolutely incredible. I could've stayed there all day.


Jess, Camille, Ericka, and I <3
The last supper. Amazing food, delicious French wine, and good friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment